Thursday 31 May 2012

Wedding

This is a card I made for a friend of mine who's friend is getting married on Saturday.   Cathy asked me to make something special and I wasn't too sure where to start but once I started the card almost made itself.  I was thrilled with how it turned out and Cathy was really pleased too.  
I dusted off my cricut for this one and it was actually a pretty simple card to put together.  Its hard to see in the pictures but the first couple of layers are directly on the card, then I added a dome using acetate and added the rest of the embellishments, which include WOC flowers, spellbinder diecuts and gems.  
Unfortunately the box - which I also made, eventually, wasn't as easy to do. The finished card is approx 8inches square and 2inches deep ( I got a little carried away with the acetate) but I got there in the end.




Inside that troublesome box












Removable card to write personal message

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges

J&C Creations #1 All that glitters
Celebrate the occasion #64 Anything goes
Crafting for all seasons #28 Many layers
Creative Inspiration #165 Diamonds
Simon says Anything goes
Diva's by design #39 Anything goes
Fab n Funky Celebrations 

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, the domed acetate is very inventive and really makes it special. Thanks for entering our first J&C Challenge. Lots of luck, Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job! Thanks for joining us @ CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply GORGEOUS! I know whoever receives this will cherish it forever! So very lovely.
    Thanks for joining us at Belli Challenges.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. oohhhh aaaaaahhhhh so beautiful and clever!

    Thank you for sharing your gorgeous project with us at Crafting For All Seasons.
    xoxox Carly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, love the acetate and your wonderful embellishments! Thank you for joining us this week @ CTO for our "Anything Goes" challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card.Thanks for joining us this week at Diva's
    Hugs
    Jayne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, just fabulous - I love layer of acetate and how it adds depth! Thanks for playing along at Fab N Funky this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, beautiful wedding card.

    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.

    luv

    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card!
    Thanks for joining CTO this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great thanks for joining us at CFAS xx Jan

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my little, and often neglected blog. Given the choice between writing my own post or reading one of yours, all too often your post wins. So when I do manage to put something together and you take the time to read it, it means a lot. When you take the time to comment it really makes my day. So thank you for visiting, and for any and all feedback you leave. xx