Thursday 31 May 2012

Remember when

My card today was inspired by this photo.  Its a picture of my mum taken when she was pregnant with me and I adore it (and her).  My mum hates getting her picture taken, always has and always will. I don't know why cos while she doesn't look quite like this any more she still takes a great photo.

I've used a saturated canary image, which I've had a wee while but was a bit intimidated about colouring.  This was my fourth attempt, I don't think the other three efforts will ever see the light of day.  I still need a lot of practice using my copics but can see an improvement albeit slowly.  I used liquid pearls to colour the background to try and create the illusion of light.  The papers are so old I have no idea where they are from and the ribbon which is gorgeous in real life is from the Ribbon girl.















I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges

Joanna Sheen Remember When
Wishcraft Waste not Wed #21

8 comments:

  1. I think you did a great job Tammy. :-) You've got great highlights in her hair. That's a toughie but you did it very well. I like the effect of the liquid pearls too. Don't be so hard on yourself. I bet those other version weren't half bad either. :-) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Tammy, your colouring is just stunning in this honey! I love it! I definitely have coloured in images that I've chucked in the bin, they were so awful, lol!!!

    Have a lovely weekend honey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and your mum is gorgeous - I can see where you get your looks from!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card Tammy and I LOVE your colouring! I like what you did with the liquid pearls too. Oh and your mum is gorgeous - I'm thinking you look alot like her. Hugs, Pat K.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ww Tammy what a fantastic card, brilliantly coloured, and what a beautiful mum!!! looks like you have scored twice today, lovely post hunnie enjoy your weekend huggies June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your colouring looks fabulous Tammy, gorgeous card! Lovely photo of your mum too :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute creation hun! Thanks for playing over at Joanna Sheen! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet picture of your mom, and the card is awesome! Love the use of teal and black and your coloring rocks

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my little, and often neglected blog. Given the choice between writing my own post or reading one of yours, all too often your post wins. So when I do manage to put something together and you take the time to read it, it means a lot. When you take the time to comment it really makes my day. So thank you for visiting, and for any and all feedback you leave. xx